I am in Iowa for work this week. It's worked out well that I get to meet my new nephew Jack, and be with my brother Adam and his family for a little while.Jack has been responding the way they have been hoping these last few days while I have been there, so that is good. Still, he's on a lot of machines and it's a lot to take in. It's particularly hard not having a full prognosis. For now they are focusing on his hypertension.
Adam and Elizabeth are tentatively planning on being at the Ronald McDonald house here in Iowa City for Christmas. They have a good set up, with several play areas and kitchen areas. They also have groups come in to cook dinners every once in a while for service. There are also quilts or other contributions for the children. What a tough time to have your child in the hospital. In Adam and Elizabeth's case, they are not sure exactly what's wrong, or how long they will need to be there. I love them so much and will continue to keep them in my prayers!
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Seeing Jack in Iowa
Posted by Carrie Johanson at 12:16 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment