Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Year In Review

Well, 2010 has been an exciting year for me.

I loved life so much in Phoenix that I almost didn’t want to leave to come back to DC!
































While in Phoenix, I worked 4, 10 hour shifts a week, rotating between nights and days. Aside from having to work 2/3 of weekends, I actually didn’t mind the schedule; I enjoyed the variety and so much time off during the day. For not taking any leave, I sure found time to play. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I appreciated the Arizona climate, wildlife, scenery, and exploring options. I never tired of seeing the jack rabbits, quail, and coyotes near my house. I found beautiful mountains, waterfalls, painted deserts, caverns, and other natural wonders. Did you know that Lake Havasu City in Arizona has more lighthouses than any other city? They are 1/3 size replicas of other US Lighthouses. It took two trips and a jet ski for me to visit all the Lake Havasu lighthouses, but definitely worth it. Another highlight was when my brother Josh and his wife Alyssa came to visit and we hiked the Grand Canyon to Havasupai. I am so glad that I finally got to do that. Other Phoenix highlights include: a great ward, weekly maid service, mid-singles choir, ward and stake choir, rappelling, hiking, biking, camping, service projects, game nights, dinners, home teachers, visiting teachers, finishing my quilt, baseball, temple trips, single activities, and dating. I met some great people who truly enriched my life. It was also nice being closer to family.
















During my move I had a long break from work. I enjoyed time with family and friends, and a trip to Oregon –taking in waterfalls, covered bridges, the beach, and of course lighthouses. I got back to DC in September. I am back at my townhouse. I am back in my previous area at work. I am trying something new by attending the Potomac singles ward for a while. It’s been great being meeting new people and reconnecting with others. I am keeping busy with handbell choir, home repair, church activities, social activities, parties, games, and of course exploring.

I am so grateful for my blessings. I know that we are blessed when we actively participate. Thank you so much for your kindness and your friendship. I would love to hear from you!
Let me know if you have a blog or would like to come visit.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

1 comments:

Chuckleheads said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Carrie! I love seeing how much adventure you have in your life. I am particularly amazed that Arizona has lighthouses. I lived there a year and didn't even think to check. :)