Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Fourth of July!

Happy Fourth of July!



I feel so grateful to live in this land of freedom, and I am so grateful for the sacrifices of those who have gone on before.




This weekend we had Mount Vernon Virginia Stake's First Annual Washington DC Area Mid-Singles Conference. I am not sure that I would have gone, but I was asked to help out, so that was a good incentive. I ended up having a really fun time, catching up with some friends I've had for a while, and making some new ones.



Friday night we took a boat cruise down the Potomac, and we went south of Old Town Alexandria. I have been to the Jones Point Lighthouse several times, but this was the first time a got a view from the river, so that made me really happy. I also got to swing dance, which was really fun. I am not that good at it, but every time I get a chance to dance, I remember how much I love it!





Saturday morning I joined the group that went to the zoo. It's been a long time since I have been, but I am particularly fond of the pandas.






The evening of the 4th, I went to the Capitol, and enjoyed the concert there, with Barry Manilow, the National Symphony Orchestra, and others.


A big thanks to all those who worked so hard on the conference. Prayers were answered as we had perfect weather. - No rain, and a lot less humidity and heat than we usually do at this time of the year!

5 comments:

Megan Raines said...

It's great to read about your Fourth of July in D.C. What a beautiful picture of you on the Potomac.

Leslie Green said...

Wow, that's great that they've decided to have a Singles Conference NOT at Christmastime! And the fact that it was a Mid-Singles Conference!!?? Priceless!! I bet that was a help and inspiration to a lot of people who have been wanting something like this for a long time. Hooray for Mt. Vernon Stake for being such trailblazers!

Joshua Johanson said...

We really need to plan on dancing together sometime, something more than just in the living room.

Chuckleheads said...

Carrie - you look absolutely stunning in that photo on the Potomac. Sizzling hot lady!

ooooh lala!

Erin said...

great pictures of you with your glasses on--great lighting, and you look fantastic.