On the radio the other day they were asking people what their first record/CD/album was. At the time I couldn't remember. Last week it came back to me as I heard the group 'Elvis Before Noon' sing. I think my first tape was an Elvis tape. I think that's one of the reasons I like Elvis. Elvis was born in January (Jan 8th), so often around my birthday there are Elvis movies on TV. It brings back good memories.
So, on my actual birthday I stayed home watched "Clambake". Yes, it has Elvis singing in front of a lighthouse. It's a Hollywood set, not a real lighthouse, but still kind of cool.
My coworker did a good job of letting people know it was my Birthday. I got to share how much I like having my family call, and about my ongoing personal debate about having my sister's family of 9 leave a cute message, just so I can listen to it over and over, or if I should actually answer the phone so I can hear them in person.
I actually got to talk to each of my siblings on Friday, so that made for a great Birthday.
Martin Luther Kings shares the same Birthday, so that's been nice to enjoy long weekends. The holiday was first observed in 1986.
Friday, January 15, 2010
January Birthdays
Posted by Carrie Johanson at 2:35 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment