Friday, February 8, 2008

My Travel Plans This Year

Well, Elizabeth has found this blog and linked to it, so maybe I should start using it! I really love looking at pictures and blogs from all my friends and family.

This week has been fun trying to coordinate the next time for all the Johanson family to get together. We have decided July 30 - Aug 2 in Nauvoo, Illinios. It will be quite a production, with 6 kids under 3, but it seemed convenient with Adam and his family only 4 hours away, and Matt and his clan an 8 hour drive. When we were all together last time in Dec 2006 we needed a little help from Photoshop to get everyone looking forward and smiling for a family photo, so I anticipate this time may not be much different.

Next weekend I am looking forward to making a New York trip to see lighthouses in Long Island and Staten Island. Many of the Long Island lighthouses are on private property, so I probably won't be able to see all that I want to. I am excited that the weather forecast looks decent (no snow storm). So, stay tuned for an update!

My friend Leslie Smith is getting married in May, and has asked me to a bridesmaid. I am looking forward to going to Maine for a few days and supporting her in this exciting time. The color is probably going to eggplant, so that is also particularly exciting! (See dress)
Click here to learn more about Tom and Leslie.

I am so grateful for the resources that I have that allow me to plan (and take) fun trips. I really love planning things, and the actual travel of course gives me new adventures to look forward to.

March 10 is the other big date coming up. I have been quite tempted over the last 7 months to change my employment or move, but I am going to wait until the murder charges with the Commonwealth of Virginia vs John Bloxham are resolved. I am not sure when all will be resolved, but the trial is scheduled for March, and is anticipated to last about a week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carrie, I love you.
This is nice too!

Janice said...

Well done Carrie
Mom

Elizabeth J. said...

Can't wait till Nauvoo!!!

P-A-R-T-Y? Why not!?