On April 26, the McLean singles went on a trip to the George Washington Masonic temple in Alexandria, Va. I have been there before several times and found the tour very interesting. It had been several years, so I was interested in going again. It was a beautiful day, and we had a great view. I ran into a friend people from the Census Bureau who said that you can see the Census Bureau from the Masonic temple.
Different things were brought out in the tour (from when I have been previously), including references to National Treasure, and Knights Templar. I was surprised about how young our guide was. One of the questions someone with our group asked was about if there were codes of language or morality. The answer was that there were codes of conduct. For example, drinking alcohol is not against the Masons code, but getting a DUI would be. It was interesting to hear that people are removed from membership when they do not adhere to the standards. If a member needs to be removed, a ceremony is held to remove them from the fraternity. Similarly, in the LDS church, if someone has clearly transgressed laws of the land or the church, a church court will be held, and if warranted, that person is removed from membership in the church. John Bloxham’s church court is scheduled for May 20. I anticipate that John will lose his membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
0 comments:
Post a Comment