For Memorial Day I went to Las Vegas. It was so great to spend some time with my family. We had a BBQ, went swimming, went on an excursion, celebrated Andrew’s 15th birthday, were able to help some in the yard, played games, had a Family Home Evening, looked at slides, talked about Census, enjoyed musical performances, watched a movie, and had a great time.
My parents were married 39 years ago. I am so grateful for their decision to get married, and their example of living the gospel and teaching their children. One of the trip highlights for me was to hear my nieces and nephews share the gospel. I am so impressed and happy to hear their gospel knowledge and testimony. I don’t know if they realize how much it means to me to have a “real” family home evening with my family.
The life cycle of generations also hit home this weekend. We looked at pictures of my mother and father before they were married. We got to see lots of pictures of us kids growing up, including my sister, just before she was married. My niece Shanna is a high school senior this year. I think that there is a chance that I am getting older.
Sunday, May 30, 2010
Happy Anniversary
Posted by Carrie Johanson at 2:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Thank you Carrie. We are glad we got married too and very blessed to have you as our daughter.
Post a Comment