Thursday, July 1, 2010

Todd Rogers and Ridgecrest, CA

Todd Rogers died July 1, 2007. It’s been three years. I always love to share about Todd, and don’t mind at all sharing about what happened. I am still trying to find the balance of when and how to share. While I want people to know about my loss, I don’t want to seem like I am looking for sympathy. So, I usually don’t tell people, unless we are in a really small group and happens to come up in conversation.

I wore my engagement ring to church on Sunday, and was hoping that someone would ask about it. I could have made an opportunity at a dinner with friends, but I didn’t. Instead I talked to Todd’s family, and shared with them how wonderful Todd is, and how grateful I am to have known him.

I have been blessed recently to meet some of Todd’s friends from Ridgecrest, CA. Todd loved his job, the people, and wanted to move back. When I was in Maryland recently I got to meet Alex and Erin. Alex was roommates with Todd for a while, and they both knew him. I was talking to Carma, and she remembered that Paul (another one of Todd’s roommates) lived in Phoenix. We were also able to get together and talk about Todd. How musical he is, how he participated in the local theater, and how we miss his cooking!

As I was thinking about this blog I had so much more I wanted to say, but I think I will simply say that I miss Todd and what might have been. I am so grateful for his family, and pray for them often.

1 comments:

Leslie Green said...

I have only just gotten wireless access to the internet again at home, so this is the first time I've read anyone's blog for a long time. I recently recalled the date and took a moment to think of you and Todd and to say a prayer. Thanks for this nice post of tribute to such a great person!