Monday, July 4, 2011

Adding 25+ more lighthouses to my list

I had an opportunity to go to Boston for a work trip, and jumped at the chance. There are a lot of lighthouses in that area that I haven’t been to yet. Boston itself is great. I’ve been there before, but it was still fun to see so much in a short walk around the city. After Boston I went to Rhode Island for a few days then on to Martha’s Vineyard. I have only been to the tip of Rhode Island previously, and Martha’s Vineyard was definitely a new experience. My niece Shanna was able to join me.

I took so many forms of transportation. I rode airplanes, buses, commuter trains, rental car, ferry boats, passenger boats, shuttle vans, truck, taxi, moped, and a lot of travel on foot. It was a lot of logistical planning and waiting for connections, but a lot of fun. The ferries were to Prudence Island, Block Island, Martha’s Vineyard, and Chappaquiddick Island. We also took a sunset lighthouse cruise around the Narragansett Bay. For the trip out to the Cape Poge lighthouse we rode out in a 4 wheel truck over the sand. I’ve never driven a moped before, but it was a great way to get around Block Island. More pictures from my trip can be found on my Picasa site

1 comments:

Cyndi said...

Shanna really enjoyed herself. Thanks for taking her!