Sunday, July 31, 2011

More Virginia Lighthouses

On Sunday I was able to take Tyler to see the Old Cape Henry and New Cape Henry lighthouses. The Old Cape Henry lighthouse is the first US lighthouse - built in 1791. The two lighthouses are right next to each other, and are two of the lighthouses on on the Virginia lighthouse license plate. I've been there before, but it's been a long time - definitely before I was able to take digital photos.

We also took a tour of the lightship Portsmouth, 101-WAL524. I've seen quite a few lightships before, but this was the first time I've been on one. Pretty cool. On the way home I got a picture of the Newport News Middle Ground lighthouse. Great weekend, with 4 lighthouses and a lightship.





1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those turned out to be much better pictures than I expected from the emergency lane on the bridge of a very small highway. Good shots!