2007
Last year my roommate Cheryl suggested that we get together for a Christmas celebration in July. Carma and David hosted a Rogers family traditional dinner. Todd loved Christmas. It was a sweet way to celebrate Todd in a positive way. We all got gifts from Todd and we brought a memento to put in a stocking and shared why it reminded us of Todd. It was very healing to be able to combine the mourning and celebrating together and be reminded how through the birth of Jesus Christ, this loss and so many others will only be temporary. I am so happy for the knowledge that we can be reunited with our loved ones.
2008
This year we continued the tradition. "Christmas Eve" I listened to nothing but Christmas music. We met at the Rogers house Saturday night. Lisa brought her tree. I made fudge. We had a gift exchange. We sang some Christmas songs, including Mele Kalikimaka, celebrating the Hawaiian way! Carma bought the sheet music to "We Need a Little Christmas", which was particularly touching. June 2007 Todd and I had gone to see Mame, and that song features how sometimes the Christmas spirit may be fleeting when life gets tough. The Christmas spirit does seem to always lift and inspire. I'm glad that we were able to continue the Christmas in July tradition this year.
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Christmas in July Tradition
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment