Monday, October 20, 2008

Upcoming Concerts

Yes, I love to go to concerts, but in December I get to perform in one again. :-) About a month ago I joined a handbell choir. We will have three performances the beginning of December, with Christmas music. So, if you are here in the DC area, I would love for you to mark your calender, and come listen. All concerts are free and open to the public.

Saturday, Dec 6 - Alexandria Waterfront (sometime between 4-6pm as part of a Holiday Program, after the Scottish Walk Parade, and prior to the Holiday Boat Parade of Lights)
Sunday, Dec 7 - Bells at Mount Vernon, 7pm concert at the LDS Mount Vernon Stake Center (6219 Villa St, Alexandria, Va) followed by an 8pm LDS Broadcast from Salt Lake City of the First Presidency Christmas Devotional
Sunday, Dec 14 - we will perform as part of the Christmas in Alexandria Concert, 7pm, 2810 King St, Alexandria, Virginia, LDS Chapel.

With the change in the weather, comes preparation for 'The Holidays'. The weather is definitely getting colder now, and I love being able to play Christmas music. I look forward to Thanksgiving here with Todd's family (although I am sad that I will have to miss my cousin David's wedding in Utah that weekend!) I've used up a lot of my vacation days over the last two years, but I'll be able to enjoy a short trip to Vegas for Christmas.


0 comments: