Saturday, March 12, 2011

Travel Expo

The Washington DC Travel and Adventure Show was at the Washington Convention Center March 12-13. Who knew? Well, my friend Debbie of course. We procured free tickets, and had a lot of fun. The lines to zip line were a little long, but it was cool that it was there as part of the show. We listened to Samantha Brown, who is one of Debbie's favorites on the Travel Channel. We entered to win a few trips, and we collected a lot of information about places to visit. I love maps. I love adventure, and I love to travel. I am a little bit of a wimp when it comes to traveling by myself internationally though.


















I definitely need to decide on my 2011 trips soon.

I've been thinking of going back to Europe, but I don't drive stick shift, and haven't found any travel companions yet. I would like to visit Austria, Prague, and Berlin. The last time I was in Berlin was the spring of '89, so a lot has changed since then. Croatia is climbing on the list too, as I now how a friend who lives there and might be able to help me find a place to stay! :-)

My other 'big' option is Alaska. I have been to 46 of the 50 states. I have been to both DC and Puerto Rico if you want to count them as well. I have not yet been to Alaska, North Dakota, Vermont, or Alabama.

I do have plans to go to kayak to the Cape Charles lighthouse in Virginia (early summer, date TBD), Las Vegas for a family reunion in May, and Vermont to visit some lighthouses (July or Aug).

All of this is subject to change if I get swept off my feet or loose my job. (We are safe again for another 3 weeks, but there are a lot of people who really think government furloughs might be coming.)

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Make sure to visit Vermont in October. There isn't a prettier place in the fall than Vermont. I promise!

Mary said...

Europe sounds great! Go for it! I basically learned to drive in England - on an automatic, they do exist. :)