Sunday, May 31, 2009

Belle Haven Ward Baptism


I was honored to be asked to speak at Patrice's baptism on Sunday. I hope she knows how happy we are to have her in the ward. :-) It is an honor to feel of her spirit and share our testimonies together.
Those who are baptized enter into a covenant with God to take upon themselves the name of Jesus Christ, keep His commandments, and serve Him to the end (see Mosiah 18:8–10; D&C 20:37). Church members renew this covenant each time they partake of the sacrament (see D&C 20:77, 79).

Those who keep the covenants they made at baptism are blessed by the Lord for their faithfulness. Some of the blessings include the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost, the remission of sins, and the privilege of being spiritually reborn. If they continue faithfully, they are promised eternal life (see 2 Nephi 31:19–20).

1 comments:

Malinda said...

your so skinny and look beautiful. I miss you a lot. Have a great day!