Sunday, April 4, 2010

General Conference and Reflections

I love General Conference and the opportunity twice a year to set aside w whole weekend to listen the Lord’s prophets here on earth. Unfortunately I had to work on Saturday, and with my internet connection being what it is, I am not sure when I’ll be able to catch up. I was able to watch both sessions on Sunday at the Stake Center. I am disappointed that it wasn’t on any of the regular cable channels.

I loved that Elder Neil Anderson talked about conference as being a spiritual symphony of revelation. He talked about a father death around Easter time, and how that served as a reminder of the resurrection. Todd tied just before the 4th of July. From a meaningless death, it is helpful to find positive reminders. I am so honored that Todd gave his life for me. It’s so easy to dwell on the sadness or loss, but I do try at times to take my reminders of Todd in a more positive direction. Todd has a great family, and they mourn his loss just as much if not more than I do. There are others all around us who mourn and need to be comforted. We have a lot of dedicated men and women who serve their countries and give their life to help protect our freedom. Their sacrifice is appreciated, and we should let them know. Just as Todd’s death was premature, there are often sacrifices that need to be made before ultimate justice and freedom is gained. Todd’s love, death and sacrifice is very tangible, and provides so much perspective on the reality of Jesus Christ.

0 comments: