Saturday, April 10, 2010

Hiking Preparation

This week I worked nights, which has worked out well to get some hiking in during daylight. I’m not a backpacker, but I am looking forward to my trip next week to the Grand Canyon. In order to make some final efforts to get in shape, Monday I hiked Piestewa Peak. Wednesday I hiked Camelback. Both are about 1.2 mile hikes to the summit, and described as “strenuous and difficult”. There were people running up and down the mountains. I am definitely not there yet. I am happy that I was able to make it to the top. It’s a good sense of accomplishment. I finished out the week with a South Mountain hike with a backpack. Devin’s parents were generous to loan me his backpack and some camping supplies. Being in Arizona and being outdoors, I’ve been thinking about him a lot lately. He will always be an inspiration to me of being courageous, and overcoming difficult obstacles.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Lookin' good!!!

Megan Raines said...

I can't wait to see your Grand Canyon pictures!

Mom said...

Good luck on the Grand Canyon hike!

Erin said...

You look great!