Warrior Rock Lighthouse was my first lighthouse to visit in Oregon. It was also my biggest adventure. Although it’s a short boat ride from St. Helens, Oregon, you can also take a 3 mile hike out to the lighthouse. Sauvie Island has no gas stations, but I loved the fields and flowers. I was surprised to come across a “clothing optional” beach. Although I didn’t visit it, (and honestly, I didn’t even see any other cars there.. so there was probably nothing TO SEE.) it definitely added to the adventure. To get to the lighthouse I walked across a sandy beach, mud flats, wet grasses, and barrier rocks. I came back on a hunting trail – with shoulder-high grasses. I even saw some great animals along the way. I must say that I was tempted to kiss the frog right in my path.
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment