After a record number of posts in September, I realize that I've been slacking on the blogging front.
HOME
I've been cleaning, doing yard work, moving furniture and boxes, removing wallpaper, unpacking some things, and intentionally waiting to unpack other things. I was planning on getting new carpet for the den and new living room furniture, but I've come up with a few road blocks with not being able to get rid of the couches and my roommate having surgery. SO, we'll see what happens, and how long it all takes.
WORK
Work is going well. It's nice that people are excited to see me back. I am still on the data capture project, but will be officially transferring to DMD Geographic Program area in a few weeks. Right now I am doing work for both areas, so that's nice. If I get in early enough (before 7:30am), my commute is actually shorter than it was in Phoenix. Coming home or going into work later in the day the commute is the same, or a little longer.
CHURCH
I have started attending the Potomac singles ward. Bishop Larsen provided some statistics this Sunday. The ward has 175 members. 95% have been endowed. Sunday attendance is at 110%. It will take a while to get to know people. There are lots of new faces, but some familiar ones as well. I did just getting a calling in my family ward ("cleared" through my singles ward bishop). Both wards meet in the same building right now. I'll be the building scheduler. I'm looking forward to it.
I enjoyed both Women's Conference and General Conference. Sister Beck talked about the History and work of Relief Society. As I've been working around the house, I've been listening (on cassette tape!) to some of the stories of early Mormon women. What an example of hard work, dedication, and optimism. Although it is challenging to fully live the gospel, I have been blessed with a testimony, and and generally find it easy to agree philosophically with the counsel of the prophets. For some reason after this conference (and listening to stories of polygamy) I am a little nervous about any "hard" doctrines that may be forth coming. I guess that part of faith is moving forward without fully understanding.
PLAY
Most of my play lately has been church stuff. - I've been to a RS meeting, Ward Temple Nights, Mid-singles Institute, FHE, a Conference party, choir practice, and a Birthday Party. I finally made it to see Toy Story 3. Gotta love $1 movies at the Arlington Drafthouse. I've been to Great Falls and walked along the Potomac, but I need to get downtown again! :-)
Not sure what the next trip will be. I need to figure that out. I am thinking about going to Europe next summer. I want to got o Austria, Prague, and Berlin. I'm looking for a friend or two to go with. (Let me know if you are interested!)
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Home, Work, Church, and Play
Posted by Carrie Johanson at 9:07 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi Carrie,
It's great to get this update on all that you're up to. That's funny about the polygamy. I used to feel that way too but doing the single mom thing lately has made me feel like it might not be so terrible! (Just kidding...mostly...)
If you still need wallpaper removal stuff you can borrow ours.
Nice update Carrie!
Post a Comment