Friday, August 8, 2008

Congratulations Jake and Nicole Davis 080808

A temple sealing is different than a civil marriage in that it is performed not only for death do you part, but for time and eternity. I felt very honored to be in Logan on 080808 and celebrate this special opportunity with Nicole and Jake Davis. I must admit that my eyes and nose seemed to have a leakage problem. I knew that it would be an emotional day for me, but I was so happy that the next sealing I went to after the time I had hoped to be sealed to Todd was for Nicole. She really has been such a good friend over the last few years, so I am happy that she and Jake have found each other to keep for always as best friends.











As would be expected, everything was beautiful for Nicole's reception. It was outside, and the weather and gardens were just perfect. Down the walkway, there were fun facts about the bride and the groom. There was a photo book with Nicole and Jake pictures that they used for the guestbook, they had a caramel fountain, and there was a wedding video playing, with interviews with the bride, the groom, other family members, and photos set to music. I've known Nicole for 10 years, so it was fun to catch up with various friends I've known over the years.














1 comments:

Nicole said...

Thanks for posting this! This is the first time I saw pictures of the wedding. I was so happy to see you there as well... Jake said you waved goodbye, I didn't see it, so sorry to miss saying goodbye to you. I hope you made it to your cousin's reception on time!