Thursday, August 28, 2008

Weight Watchers Lifetime Goal

I’ve been doing Weight Watchers ‘at work’. It’s a pretty cool program. It’s really convenient, Because it’s at work, I just go downstairs during lunch on Thursdays. If there’s a big enough group that signs up, that we get online tools for free, so that’s pretty nice. If I can’t make a meeting one week, I can attend any other meeting location that week. I paid for 17 weeks in advance, so because it’s already paid for, that has helped keep me motivated to keep going back.

The health concepts are good - drinking enough water, eating 5 fruits or vegetables a day, taking multivitamins, having a few servings of dairy, some healthy oils, having at least half of your grains whole-grain foods, getting some protein everyday, and limiting sugar (and alcohol). The Points system is a fairly easy way to keep track of how much you are eating.

I actually haven’t been able to attend my Weight Watcher meetings at the Census Bureau for a month now. With my family reunion, and the recent Utah/Vegas/Hawaii trip, I always seem to be traveling on Thursdays. I was a little worried about gaining weight on my recent travels, but I am happy to say that so far I am doing okay. I really do like the program, because I DID have some of the wedding cakes, cookies and pies along the way. I just did my best to balance that with healthy foods, portions, and exercise.

Well, (drumroll) I have reached a ‘healthy weight’, and maintained it for 6 weeks. I still want to loose a little more, but I think I have met all the requirements to become a ‘lifetime member’. The 6 weeks end about the same time as my prepaid membership, so I was really hoping to not have to pay again. :-)

5 comments:

Janice said...

Congratulations Carrie! You look great. Love, Mom

Elizabeth J. said...

Wow, great job on reaching your goal! You are an inspiration to me. As soon as this baby is born, I am jumping into weight watchers, and you will be my cheerleader! Hope that's okay with you...

Nicole said...

Congratulations! This is wonderful news. :)

Chuckleheads said...

That is fabulous! There is nothing harder than shedding pounds...way to go Carrie!

Natalie C. said...

Carrie, fun to see your beautiful photos of Hawaii. I'm so proud of you for getting to your goal. I especially admire you because for me that is like the hardest thing in my life practically, right now. Enjoy that good feeling.